Rules + Regulations
Enter online or in-store for your chance to win 1 of 4 sets of tickets to see JUSTIN BIEBER live in concert!
HOW TO ENTER:
Visit your local Urban Planet, Stitches or Bluenotes store location and text “JUSTIN” to either one of the Contest Entry Phone Numbers respective to your participating store (as listed under heading “Contest Entry Text-In Phone Numbers per Participating Store location).
Visit urban-planet.com/justin-en, stitchesonline.com/justin-en or blnts.com/justin to sign up online.
IN-STORE CONTEST DURATION + CONTEST DRAW DATE BY CITY:
- Contest Period: April 7th, 2016 to May 6th, 2016
- Contest Draw: May 7th, 2016
- Contest Period: April 7th, 2016 to May 9th, 2016
- Contest Draw: May 7th, 2016
- Contest Period: April 7th, 2016 to May 6th, 2016
- Contest Draw: May 7th, 2016
- Contest Period: April 7h, 2016 to May 13th, 2016
- Contest Draw: May 14th, 2016
- Contest Period: May 9th, 2016 to June 3rd, 2016
- Contest Draw: June 2nd, 2016
- Contest Period: May 11th, 2016 to June 10th, 2016
- Contest Draw: June 11th, 2016
- Contest Period: May 12th, 2016 to June 10th, 2016
- Contest Draw: June 11th, 2016
- Contest Period: May 14th, 2016 to June 10th, 2016
- Contest Draw: June 11th, 2016
Online @ urban-planet.com and blnts.com
- February 26th, 2016 to June 10th, 2016
- Online contest duration covers Justin Bieber’s entire tour, with each above mentioned tour city’s contest draw date as seen above
There is no purchase necessary to enter the Contest. During the Contest Period, participants are asked to visit a participating store location as listed below and text the contest entry phone number with the keyword “JUSTIN” for a chance to win. Once the customer texts in, they will be sent back a link to the contest sign up page where they will be required to choose which city they would like to attend the concert, as well as provide their First Name, Last Name, and a valid E-mail Address and Phone Number belonging to the registrant. Customers will be required to accept electronic communications by YM Inc. and Thrifty’s Inc (the “Sponsors”) by providing consent to sign up for Urban Planet, Stitches and Bluenotes’ SMS and E-mail Marketing. Customers may choose to unsubscribe from electronic communications at any time. Standard data and text messaging rates apply for entry.
- ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible for this Contest, an individual must:
- be a legal resident of Canada;
- be thirteen (13) years of age or older at the time of entry. Any entrant between the age of thirteen and the age of majority in their province of residence must: (i) have the consent of their parent of legal guardian in order to enter the contest; and (ii) have a parent or legal guardian sign all necessary documentation on their behalf in respect of this Contest including but not limited to the Release form (as defined in Section 6 below)
- If selected as a potential Winner (as defined below), be able to attend the Justin Bieber Concert (the “Concert”) taking place at the following dates and times below:
- Friday, May 13th, 2016 @ 07:00 PM EST at the Canadian Tire Centre
- Saturday, May 14th, 2016 @ 07:30 PM EST at the Videotron Centre
- Monday, May 16th, 2016 @ 07:30 PM EST at the Bell Centre
- Wednesday, May 18th, 2016 @ 07:30 PM EST Air Canada Centre
- Thursday, May 19th, 2016 @ 07:30 PM EST Air Canada Centre
- Saturday, June 11th, 2016 @ 07:30 PM CST at the MTS Centre
- Monday, June 13th, 2016 @ 07:30 PM MST at the Scotiabank Saddledome
- Tuesday, June 14th, 2016 @ 07:30 PM MST at the Rexall Place
- Thursday, June 16th, 2016 @ 07:30 PM MST at the Credit Union Centre
Employees of YM Inc. and Thrifty’s Inc. and or the household members are not eligible to enter.
The Sponsors shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All personal information requested by and supplied to the Sponsors for the purpose of the Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate, and in no way misleading. The Sponsors reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant should an entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading persona details and/or information. The Sponsors reserve the right to make changes to the Contest terms & conditions at its sole discretion.
- CONTEST PERIOD: Justin Bieber: Exclusive Concert Experience Contest (the “Contest”) starts Thursday, February 29th, 2016 at 9:00 a.m. Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) and ends Monday, June 10th, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (“EST”)(“Contest Period”). Note that the contest period length covers the Contest in its entirety as will be available online at urban-planet.com and blnts.com, with the Contest Period in store ending 48 hours before each respective concert tour date (see “In-Store Contest Duration + Contest Draw Date By City’’).
- HOW TO ENTER
(a) Visit your local Urban Planet, Stitches or Bluenotes store location and text “JUSTIN” to the Contest Entry Phone Number respective to your participating store.
**Please see your local store for their unique text in phone number to enter the contest!
(b) There will only be one entry allowed per customer, per brand, in-store and online. Therefore, a customer may enter one (1) time each at a Bluenotes, Urban Planet and Stitches store location, as well as one (1) time each at urban-planet.com and blnts.com. One (1) entry equals a “Submission”, and customers are therefore allowed a maximum of five (5) submissions.
(c) All entries become the sole property of YM Inc. and Thrifty’s Inc. and must be received no later than the end of the Contest Period. Entries will be declared invalid if they are late, illegible, forged, or not in compliance with these contest rules.
(d) Entries received online or in-store are to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address and phone number associated with the entry. For the purpose of the Contest Rules, “authorized account holder” of an e-mail address is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address and/or phone number by an Internet access provider, telecommunications provider, on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses and phone numbers for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address, and the phone number associated in the Submission. Any entrant may be required to provide YM Inc. and Thrifty’s Inc. with proof that they are the authorized account holder of the e-mail address and phone number associated with their Submission.
(a) There are nine (9) prizes available to be won (the “Prize(s)”) by the Prize winners (the “Winner(s)”) consisting of the following individual or prize bundles per tour date:
- Grand Prize “Exclusive Concert Experience”: One of four (4) sets of (2) concert tickets to see Justin Bieber Live + an Exclusive Prize Pack
- Second Prize: One (1) Exclusive Prize Pack
(b) Distribution of prizing will double for the Montreal and Toronto tour dates, totalling a potential of nineteen (19) prizes for each date in the above-mentioned cities.
*Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries.
*Winners are not entitled to monetary difference between actual Prize and stated approximate Prize value, if any.
(c) Winners can pick up their tickets at the Venue after 09:30 a.m. at will call on the date of the Concert. Winners and Guests must have a valid photo ID in order to pick up their tickets for the Concert.
(d) Winner and his/her Guest must be available to attend the Concert on the date the Prize is won. Should a Winner be unable to participate on the date and time as entered and designated by YM Inc. and Thrifty’s Inc., the Prize will be awarded to an alternate winner. Winner and Guest will be responsible for transportation to and from the Concert, any parking fees incurred, food and beverage costs, taxes, gratuities, and if applicable, any travel and medial insurance, travel documentation, airport improvement feeds, bag check fees, telephone calls, data charges, in-room charges and any other expense not explicitly included in the Prize.
(e) Guests must comply with the Contest Rules and sign and return the Release (described below).
(f) Prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash. Any unused, unclaimed or declined portion of the Prize will be forfeited, have no cash value and YM Inc. and Thrifty’s Inc. shall have no obligation to provide either an alternative or value-in-kind. YM Inc. and Thrifty’s Inc. have the right, in their sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if a Prize (or any portion thereof) cannot be awarded for any reason.
(g) YM Inc. and Thrifty’s Inc. shall not assume any liability for lost, damaged, or misdirected Prizes.
- WINNER SELECTION:
Five (5) winners shall be selected for each tour date as follows:
(a) Five (5) winners will be selected by random draw on the Saturday prior to the Concert date, from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period, by chosen specific tour date selected to enter the contest. Each entrant shall be eligible to only win one (1) Prize. The odds of being selected as a potential winner are dependant upon the number of eligible entries received by YM Inc. and Thrifty’s Inc. Before being declared a Winner, the selected entrant shall be required to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question to be administered during a pre-arranged telephone call or by e-mail, to comply with the Contest Rules and sign the return and Release (as described below).
(b) EACH SELECTED ENTRANT WILL BE NOTIFIED BY TEXT, EMAIL AND/OR PHONE NO LATER SEVENTY-TWO (72) HOURS AFTER THE CONTEST DRAW, AND MUST RESPOND WITHIN TWENTY-FOUR (24) HOURS OF NOTIFICATION. Upon notification, the selected entrant must respond by telephone or e-mail (as specified in the notification) to the contact number or e-mail address provided no later than the indicated deadline set out in the Contest Rules and/or the notification. If the selected entrant does not respond accordingly, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive a Prize and another entrant may be selected in the sole discretion of either YM Inc. or Thrifty’s Inc. until such a time as an entrant satisfies the terms set out herein. YM Inc. and Thrifty’s Inc. are not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a selected entrant to receive notification or for YM Inc. or Thrifty’s Inc. to receive a selected entrant’s response.
(c) If, as a result of an error relating to the entry process, drawing or any other aspect of the Contest, there are more selected entrants than contemplated in these Contest Rules, there will be a random draw amongst all eligible Prize claimants after the Contest’s closing date to award the correct number of Prizes.
- RELEASE: Winners and Guests will be required to execute a legal agreement and release (“Release”) that confirms Winners’ and Guests’: (i) eligibility for the Contest and compliance with these Contest Rules; (ii) acceptance of the Prize as offered; (iii) release of each of Universal Music Canada (“Prize Suppliers”), YM Inc. and Thrifty’s Inc. and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and/or related companies and each of their employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, sponsors, administrators, licensees, representatives, advertising, media buying and promotional agencies (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense arising out of participation in the Contest, participation in any Contest-related activity or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any Prize, including but not limited to costs, injuries, losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising therefrom; and (iv) grant to YM Inc. and Thrifty’s Inc. of the unrestricted right, in YM Inc. and Thrifty’s Inc.’s collective or individual discretion, to produce, reproduce, display, publish, convert, post, serve, broadcast, communicate by telecommunication, exhibit, distribute, adapt and otherwise use or re-use the Winner’s and Guest’s name, statements, image, likeness, voice and biography in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, in connection with the Contest and the promotion and exploitation thereof. The executed Release must be returned within twenty-four (24) hours of the date indicated on the accompanying letter of notification or the verification, as a Winner or the selected entrant will be disqualified and the Prize forfeited.
- INDEMNIFICATION BY ENTRANT: By entering the Contest, each entrant releases and holds Releasees harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to the entrant or any other person, including personal injury, death, or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from (a) their participation in the Contest or any Contest-related activity; (b) the acceptance, use, or misuse of any Prize; or (c) any breach of the Contest Rules. Each entrant agrees to fully indemnify Releasees from any and all claims by third parties relating to the entrant’s participation in the Contest, without limitation.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: The Sponsors assume no responsibility or liability for lost, late, unintelligible/illegible, falsified, damaged, misdirected or incomplete entries, notifications, responses, replies or any Release, or for any computer, online, software, telephone, hardware or technical malfunctions that may occur, including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an entry. The Sponsors are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest. The Sponsors assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sponsors assume no responsibility or liability in the event that the Contest cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including those reasons beyond the control of the Sponsors, such as concert cancellation, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or corruption of the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, and/or the Contest Website.
- CONDUCT: By participating in the Contest, each entrant is deemed to have executed and agrees to be bound by the Contest Rules, which will be posted at the Contest Website and made throughout the Contest Period. Each entrant further agrees to be bound by the decisions of YM Inc. and Thrifty’s Inc., which shall be final and binding in all respects. YM Inc. and Thrifty’s Inc. reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant found to be: (a) violating the Contest Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest and/or the Contest Website or any related promotional website; (c) violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines of any YM Inc. and Thrifty’s Inc. property or service; and/or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass YM Inc. and Thrifty’s Inc. or any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE CONTEST WEBSITE OR ANY RELATED WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, YM INC. AND THRIFTY’S INC. RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. Winners and Guests must at all times behave appropriately when taking part in the Prize and observe the Contest Rules and any other rules or regulations in force at the Venue. YM Inc. and Thrifty’s Inc. and/or the Venue personnel reserve the right to remove from the Venue any Winner and/or Guest who breaks such rules and/or fails to behave appropriately and to disqualify such Winner and/or Guest.
- DISPUTES: Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Contest, entrant agrees that any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including legal fees, other than entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses. (i.e., costs associated with entering this Contest), and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. Any dispute relating to the Contest (including, without limitation to, a dispute as to whether an entrant has complied with all of the Contest rules and regulations) shall be resolved by the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, and the decision of the Sponsor shall prevail. All decisions of the Sponsor shall be final. With respect to the residents of Quebec, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement. The Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Contest and the terms and conditions contained in these Contest rules and regulations shall be governed exclusively by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein. Any dispute arising hereunder shall be adjudicated solely in the applicable court in Toronto, Ontario.